Home » Latest News, Run Day-by-Day Updates

July 3rd – Hello Nova Scotia!

3 July 2009 One Comment

img_8979.jpg July 3rd, 2009

Run Day 3

North Sydney, to Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia


It was a restful night for most as we rocked away to a comfortable sleep in the ferry on our individual dormitory beds.  Everyone got ready and headed for breakfast in the Ferry cafeteria. When there’s 30 people walking around in bright yellow and blue outfits, we’re bound to draw some attention. At breakfast, we were pleasantly surprised to receive homemade organic banana bread from a woman on the Ferry who actually saw us running the day before on the way to Ferry, and congratulated us on our efforts. We also received a $20 donation from another passenger on the Ferry – truly some encouraging moments that were also very delightful experiences!


Once we docked in North Sydney, Nova Scotia, we gathered all the vehicles in a nearby parking lot, split into our teams and vehicles, stretched, and Amanjit led us through Ardaas before Amandeep Chahal of the Yellow team started the run through the town of North Sydney. It was a busy town on a Saturday morning, and we were lucky to have sidewalks to run on through the town.


As the Yellow team got the run on the way, the Blue team headed into town to buy groceries and get ready to prepare meals for lunch for both teams. Once the lunch was prepared, the Blue team ate, and was on their way to take over the run from the Yellow team. We cheered loudly as we met up with our other half and realized they had done over 40 kms, which was more than enough to energize the Blue team as they began their portion of the run!


Blue team ran for just over 2 hours, and had just entered Iona when we ended up having to stop and assist the other team as there was a little bit of trouble with one of the vehicles. The team spirit and our unity really pulled through as we faced a challenge that was overcome quickly by everyone’s joint effort!


The teams were combined and the stronger runners were requested and volunteered to keep the run going for longer than scheduled in order to make up some of the time and distance we had lost due to the ferry delay and our recent challenge. The rest of the team headed into Port Hawkesbury to check-in to the motel, eat, rest up and get prepared for the next day.  We were extremely proud of our runners who stayed back to make up the distance and time for the day, in rainy weather! These runners were, Bikramjit , Aman Pirani, Aman Chahal, Amritpaul, Gurpreet, Jasjit, Amanjit, Jagdeep, Pavan, Tanjot, Parmjot, and our volunteers, Sadhu Singh, Parmjit Singh, Surjit Singh, Kuldeep Singh, Tarlochan Singh, & Ajmer Singh.


It was a true test of our capabilities, abilities, dedication, and commitment as a team and individuals, and we realized how fortunate we are to have each other, as such an amazing group of people to rely on and have the support of! Most of all, we are truly blessed to have the blessings of Guru Ji with us at all times!


Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • TwitThis

One Comment »

  • Parminder Kau Flora said:

    Glad to know that you made it through the tough day!! Thanks for keeping the updates coming. Lots of us anticipate them eagerly. Upload pics soon and make some video footage if you can also so that we can watch it later. See you all soon. Keep up the great bog!

Leave your response!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.